B.J.W. Berghorst & Sons is committed to being the superior service-oriented
plumbing/heating, and industrial PVF wholesale distributor in West Michigan
by providing comprehensive sales support, technical knowledge, quality
products, and superior customer service through a team of highly trained
and motivated people sharing over a 100 year tradition of honesty, integrity,
B.J.W. Berghorst & Sons - The Holland/Zeeland area's oldest
wholesale distributor of plumbing/heating supplies and industrial
pipe, valves and fittings - was begun by Bert John William Berghorst
in the late 1800's as a traveling well-drilling business.
B.J.W. opened his first shop in downtown Zeeland in 1900.
In 1905, he moved the growing business to a larger downtown location
at 51 E. Main.
At that site, he expanded the company to include plumbing, steam
heating, and electrical contracting.
He also began to stock supplies for other contractors, the forerunner
of today's wholesale supply business.
B.J.W.'s three sons - Willard, Ford, and Harold - joined the
company in the 1920's.
During the Great Depression, the three brothers switched the focus
of the business from contracting to wholesale sales.
After World War II, they proceeded to diversify the company
by selling plumbing and heating supplies to area industries.
Ford Sr.'s son, Ford Jr., entered the business in 1969
and became sole owner following the passing of B.J.W.'s three sons.
Ford Jr.'s sons, Chuck and Ryan, have since come into the company,
which was relocated in 1992 to the present site on James Street
in Holland Township.